Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sea Safety and Survival

I completed the Yachting Australia Sea Safety and Survival Course in Jan. Small course of six was good. One guy spent years building a wooden yacht and on his maiden cruise north parked her on a reef at night and had to Mayday everyone off just south of New Guinea......he was a bit vocal and had a few strange ideas. Got to let some flares off and fire off a liferaft which was good as Rogue Wave has one. Overall I must say I have retained most of my previous Air Sea Rescue knowledge when it comes to safety.

If time and funds permit I will try to fit in my combined RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Theory qualification.....although over 10 days it will be difficult to fit in with work given my Long Service Leave has been approved for Aug-Dec.

No comments: