Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sydney to Hobart

I am continually looking for crew that I consider have the attributes and determination to undertake the S2H 2011. I think I may have found one........now to coerce him into the fold!





In 2007 I was on course and fortunate enough to meet a group of young wannabe pilots. These young men were full of determination and focus......and all were young enough to be my daughters younger brothers! One of the young guns called Mark impressed with his mature attitude and common sense despite being the youngest on course. He has now progreesed through his training and about to embark on the most exciting part of his career to date.......transitioning to a F/A-18 Hornet.





Having a chat with Mark the other day I discovered he has been sailing most of his life.....and even better....competitively in dinghies. I broached the subject of the S2H 2011 and I think we may have a new crewmember! I will know for sure early in the new year when I return from Penang.





I plan to start racing regularly every Saturday rain hail or shine in Jul 11 at the Port Stephens Yacht Club. I will then post a list of races I want to do in the leadup to the 2012 Lord Howe qualifier. How we do in that race will determine if entry in the S2H 2012 is full steam ahead.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Beautiful places in Dubai. i like the way you are working on this blog yacht charter Dubai