Saturday, November 14, 2009

Our new 1983 Sigma 36


Just Jo is up for sale to make way for our retirement plan......the Sigma 36.

She left England 13 years ago and has cruised the Atlantic, Caribbean, Pacific Islands, Australia and Asia ever since. The previous owners now have two small boys so they needed to upsize to a 42 footer.

Currently she is named "Rogue Wave" (because 'Sigma' is some mathematical component of a Rogue Wave.....go figure). Needless to say I don't want any association with Rogue Waves, so we are having a family naming competition over the coming months all ready for re-launch next year.

Speaking of family.....I was absolutely chuffed to find the owner had built a baby cot into the aft quarter berth complete with a soft toy hidey hole! Young Aidan will have a nice cosy place next to grandma! With Stephanie coming down next year I can see some happy times onboard with the whole family......in comfort!




























1 comment:

Landax Solutions said...

Hi!
I sailed on Rogue Wave in 1988! I was very charmed by her. I am currently working on my own blog: struana.blogspot.com, maybe we can keep in touch.
Cheers!