Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fear not change......

Fortune favours the brave and risks can reap rewards.
So it was when I recently travelled to the island of Penang in Malaysia to view a lovely Sigma 36.......the risks were many however with some excellent support from my broker in Langkawi and a receptive vendor, it was all smooth sailing. The broker arranged my local transport and all inspections, removing those unwanted stressors so I could focus on the yacht purchase.

All was well and my offer accepted. I will return to Penang around Jul 2010 to rerig and carry out some modifications prior to sailing back to Australia.

So now I find change has been thrust upon me by my own hand and my Around the Edge will now be either Up and Over or Down and Under! Planning is underway to assess the best route and time. I may just take the shortest route home next year, save some long service leave and look at doing a shorthanded (2) Around Australia Race in 2011. This option can allow different crew to join me at major cities. I will post some photos of the Sigma 36 in the next post.

No comments: